Mediation Services Los Angeles
Mediation gives people a quick and inexpensive way to work out their differences while addressing everyone’s needs and interests. Decisions reached in mediation are created by the people who are in conflict, not imposed on them by a judge.
Our mediation services are designed to:
- encourage direct communication between the parties
- help people decide for themselves
- allow for the expression of emotions
- defuse anger
- explore creative means of solving problems
- promote cooperation
- preserve the strengths of an ongoing relationship
- help people accept the consequences of their own decisions
- develop a model for resolution in the event that future conflicts occur
For more information on our mediation services in Los Angeles, please contact us.
The Advantages of Mediation in Construction
Mediation is much less costly than civil litigation for many reasons:
- Most mediators who specialize in construction charge by the hour and the mediation usually is completed in one or two days
- As most construction mediations are conducted in one or two days and most certainly less days than civil litigation, the cost of your time away from business will be minimal
- Preparation for mediation is far easier and simpler than is required to prepare for arbitration or litigation
- Attorneys are not necessary but may participate at the request of a party
- If you choose binding mediation, you will have a similar finality as binding arbitration offers without the formalities and costs associated with binding arbitration
- In many cases, the mediation can be held at the residence involved rather than needing to schedule a jobsite visit and a separate arbitration hearing at a neutral location or litigation that must be held at a court of jurisdiction.
- In most cases, the mediator is well-versed in the issues that are in dispute and can assist the parties in the reality of their opinions and positions
- There should be no court filing fees and related expenses